Everyone knows about teeth, but does everyone know all there is to know about teeth? No way! One reason is that there are so many aspects of the pearly whites. Though it may not seem like it, they are complicated components and play significant roles in the health of the entire body rather than just the mouths in which they “live.”
We at the office of Center for Family and Implant Dentistry are oral healthcare experts and know “all things dental.” In emphasizing the importance of preventive dental care, we are dedicated to helping every patient enjoy the benefits of a healthy and beautiful smile. We provide a comprehensive program of preventive care designed to protect your teeth and reduce your risk of dental disease.
Read on for six fun facts!
- A tooth is like an iceberg in that its visible portion is only 25 to 33 percent of its whole structure. The remainder of the tooth is firmly ensconced in the surrounding gum and bone.
- Baby teeth, also known as milk teeth, deciduous teeth and primary teeth, act as placeholders for your permanent teeth. That’s why it’s essential that each of these 20 teeth stay in place for as long as possible, until the permanent 32 are ready to present themselves.
- Not all teeth have a good sense of direction. One or more can grow in backwards, sideways or upside down.
- Teeth don’t always debut in flawless condition. Some erupt already dinged with a cavity.
- Your body is great at healing itself—except when it comes to a cavity. This divot of decay grows only worse until a dentist drills away the corrosion and replaces it with a filling.
- Some folks get a raw dental deal when one of their baby teeth doesn’t have a permanent tooth under it. Attribute your genes for this regrettable rip-off. But not every genetic trait is disadvantagous. People are sometimes born with only either upper-jaw or lower-jaw wisdom teeth.
Now that you’re armed with these fun facts, you’re ready to bedazzle your friends and family with your extensive knowledge.
When searching for a dental practice that’s dedicated to providing the topmost standard of personalized care, look no further than the office of Center for Family and Implant Dentistry. We offer an extensive menu of high-quality dental services for people of all ages. Our skilled team has your needs in mind. For more information about our many services, please call to schedule an appointment.
By Center for Family and Implant Dentistry