Your First Visit
We want every visit to our office to be a great one, and this is especially true of your very first visit to the Center for Family & Implant Dentistry. It’s to be important to be prepared for it so that everything is taken care of.
During your first visit, you will meet Dr. MacConnell and the rest of our team. The dental hygienist will do an initial exam and perform your cleaning. We have a team of knowledgeable people who are here to take good care of you. They will be able to answer questions and make sure you stay informed throughout your visit.
- A review of your full health history
- An oral cancer screening
- A look at the way your teeth are shaped and colored
- Digital X-rays for a baseline
- Charting of any restorations you already have
- An examination of your gums and charting of any problems
- A thorough cleaning of your teeth
- Any periodontal services that are needed
- A check of your bite for proper placement of your teeth
- An intraoral camera will take pictures of your mouth
- Your jaw will be checked for any problems with your TMJ
- Your head and neck will be checked for abnormalities
- A screening for cavities
- A complete oral exam from Dr. MacConnell
When it’s time for your visit, there are several ways that you can prepare for it before you arrive. We will need:
- A list of every medication that you currently take as well as a list of any other dietary supplements
- Recent dental X-rays, if there are any
- Your insurance card or any other forms that you have that will allow your services to be billed to your insurance. This makes it faster to get your billing done so that your claims will be reviewed and paid when appropriate.
- Any information you have about your medical conditions that may affect your dental and oral care. We need to know about certain conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial joints or heart valves, etc. Many of these conditions mean you need to take antibiotics before your appointment. We also need to know if you’re on any medications for those conditions.
- Patient forms should be completed. These can be done online through the site and submitted there.
Our entire team is highly experienced and knowledgeable, and we look forward to having you as a patient. We will ensure you are always comfortable, well taken care of, and informed at every stage. If you need your first appointment with the Center for Family & Implant Dentistry, give us a call today to schedule your time.